Monday, June 20, 2005

After Dinner . . .

It's been a few days since I've posted so here goes... Lately, it seems that all I talk about is food. Anyway, last night we took my cousin to dinner for his birthday. As I recap, I can't believe how many crab legs I devoured - I was out of control. I mean, I really went to town on those things. And to make it so bad, when he finished his meal, I was still cracking crab legs open. I think the summertime has an influence on my seafood binges.

On to something else - Last night, my state committee had a conference call (after all of those crab legs, you know I didn't feel like participating). We designated our new coordinators for the year 2008. Why did it take so long for us to cover our agenda? Sometimes the committee takes way too much time to accomplish the simplest tasks. Finding a medium between the older and younger members sure is difficult - the older members are very much set in their ways. It's similar to trying twist the lid off of a jar that is so tight that after you tap it, bang it, and hit the bottom of it, it still won't open. All the while, you get so annoyed that you leave it alone until later . . . and then when you twist it, the lid comes right off. Well that's exactly what it's like with me being the youngest member on the committee. Sometimes, it just beats me up mentally. The one thing that keeps me going is our purpose, keeping my family tradition alive is worth more than letting the old timers wear me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home