Tuesday, June 14, 2005

After The Reunion . . .

I have just settled down after co-ordinating the 35th Anniversary of my annual family reunion. I incorporated a serious business plan in pulling off this event. There were a lot of fresh and new ideas that kept everyone pleasantly surprised. On the flip side, there were also a lot of last minute obstacles that surfaced out of nowhere, but with determination things turned out absolutely wonderful. Everyone had a great time and commemded me on a job well done--Of course that made me feel great :)

To forget one's ancestors is to be a brook
without a source, a tree without a root.
~Chinese Proverb


I have really gravitated towards genealogy, especially after the success of finding several lost segments of my family - after all the years of not knowing where they were. I was extremely honored when they decided to attend the reunion this year. My family welcomed them with open arms and it felt like we've known them for a lifetime. I guess that's how it is with family. We were all excited to see the reunion grow in this manner.

Each year the hosting of the family reunion rotates to various states. In three years, the reunion will have made it's way back to my home state and my plan is to make sure that when I present the new family history to them, they'll feel like they've just purchased a novel. I have found that there is importance in knowing your family's documented history. It gives you such a sense of pride and belonging. The task of putting it all together is not an easy one at all and the key to being a family historian is being accurate to highest level of accuracy without deviation.

There you have it, I've been labeled the current Family Historian, of course not by my own doing - my family did this to me. I'll accept the title with honor and try to be as productive as I possibly can. Thus far, I have not been discouraged - instead I've been met with a lot of success. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home